Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Some Updates and my gorrilapod

March was a busy month for me and and the end of first quarter for year 2008. Time flies by. There is a lot to do. I was busy preparing my interview for my United States VISA which has been approved. I was lucky to get 10 years multiple entry VISA. Husqvarna Asian Technical Conference was over and it was a great experience to held and organize such a an event in the company I work for. Tired but yet get to eat a lot of superb food.

I expect my friend to bring back my iPhone from U.S. and I have no time to go back Penang to get my new iPhone. Anyhow, 6 pcs of iPhone in my shopping list for my upcoming trip to Bradenton, Florida, United States. I don't know how to bring it back.

Last Sunday, went to Pudu Plaza for Clicque photo fair organized by YL Camera and Futuromic. Mostly Nikon, Tamron, Jenova, Ricoh and Joby product. I am a Canon user. The Joby Gorrilapod caught my attention. This is the tools you need when you travel a lot and bringing tripod (even if it is a carbon fiber) is very very messy. Just imagine you have to gone through immigration checking and check in luggage. I got myself a Gorrilapod SLR Zoom. The biggest brother in it's range. Can support to a maximum of 3kg (A 70-200 F2.8L IS and 1Ds Mark III)and include 3/4 thread to mount tripod head. Damaged cost - RM159. I think it is fairly priced and a very very useful item for traveler.




From my past experience, it like an idiot carrying a Manfrotto 099ProB with K2 Benro Ball head walking around in Europe. The tripod itself with head already near to 5kg! So this is the best tools so far. Easy and fast to set-up anywhere, any surface condition.

Today the first day of April. It is April Fools, but can't fool around. I have list of to-do things before I depart to the states. Still busy as usual.

How nice would it be if there's 48 hours in a day... Are day dreaming again...

No comments:

Post a Comment