Sunday, May 11, 2008

Addicted to L Lens

Recently got myself a copy of Canon 70 - 200 F2.8 L telephoto lens. I haven't got a chance to test it till recently. Been to birding, test shot of few telephoto end at 200mm. I would like to conclude that the optical quality was superb compared to my other EFS lens.

I did a comparison test between this lens and Tamron 18 - 250mm lens. Both at 200mm, exact exposure setting and mounted on tripod. You can easily differentiate and judge which photo comes from which lens.

I think I addicted to L lens. If the poison goes deeply into my heart, I won't hesitate to replace my 17 -85 IS EFS lens to 17 - 40 F4 L and 24 - 105 F4 L IS lens. It will cost me an arm and leg.

The con's part about these L lens is their optical reach. 17 - 40 is a little short and 24 - 105 is not that wide (Unless I change my DSLR body to EOS 5D).

Sigh, photography cost a lot. There are always a lot of opportunities to spend on gears, but the quality of picture taken so so only....

I need moolah. Moolah moolah come to me.... Lottery lottery strike on me....

*sigh*

2 comments:

  1. my cams keep showing me error 99! hamiksu leh? swt...

    shows only when I take photo at 18-24mm.. 25 onwards no error wan...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ERR99 Lens contact problem. Send in to Canon Service, your lens got problem already. I send in my 17 - 85EFS to change power diagram, it cost me RM163 bucks to replace it.

    ReplyDelete