Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Between blogger.com and wordpress.com

I am tempting to switch over to wordpress.com because their theme is attractive compared to blogger.com. Well there's pro's and con's between wordpress and blogger. It is quite hard to embed multimedia content into wordpres. Blogger is just piece of cake by copy and paste the script into your post. I doubt I am not that familiar with wordpress.

Other content like image linking in wordpress also takes some time to master. Blogger is ease but they have limitation in their theme selection.

Share your experience with wordpress and blogger here.

CW

4 comments:

  1. I'm thinking on switching to wordpress as well, but I afraid wordpress not support html cause I use a lot of html in my blog post. But it undoubtedly that wordpress has more beautiful themes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to use wordpress before, for a while when I had my own domain. I like WP, i guess because it gives more flexibility and a whole lot more tutorials than blogspot. And nicer themes, of course. Most of blogspot's themes are converted from WP.

    But I've never created a blog under WP, so I don't know if there are limitations compared to using their platform on your own domain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bro, being initially a Blogger user and then now a WordPress user for the past 3 years, I only have one word for you: SWITCH!

    (I'm not under WordPress's payroll)

    ReplyDelete
  4. dayana and yowchuan: thanks for the advice. In order to fully utilize WP, I need to host it on my own domain right? Currently I am using WP free version (without any payroll)

    ReplyDelete