Monday, September 23, 2013

Hypertrax Rampage 2013 Jamboree, Dengkil, Sepang - 35.9Km

It all started when Alan sent me the link for Hypertrax Rampage in Dengkil. It was our first Jamboree ride. Why we said so because it is the first one we actually 'paid' for participation instead of gatecrash Penang Round Island ride.

Hypetrax Rampage is an XC track profile run through Paya Indah Wetlands and Palm Oil plantation. The track consist of 45M elevation with 80% dry and dusty track and 20% tarmac profile.

We arrived at Dengkil 1 hour before the event start. Our meeting point behind Dengkil's KFC with Alan and Hartz. Had our light breakfast at the mamak restaurant and lite chat before we unload our workhorse.

We met 2 new friends - Alan colleague who known as CK and CK's friend where he is known as The Doctor when we arrived at Medan Selera Dengkil. The event suppose to start at 8.30am but we were flagged off 15 minutes earlier. We were last batch to go after the flag off.

Warming up session and chit chatting before flag off.

First 8KM was tarmac ride, later are mostly trail. We went in to Payah Indah Wetlands after first 7Km riding on busy road. The trail from Paya Indah Wetlands to first Check Point was okay. Weather is hot but we still manage to get shades from the trees along the trail in wetlands. After the first check point KM16, we go through a long uncovered hot and dusty trail where the sun light hit our body directly.

I remembered passed by Alan where he offered help to a rider who got into flat and forgotten the pump. Due to the hot and humid weather, I can't wait but continue to ride looking for better shades trail.

After 10KM of hot and dusty trail, we came into tarmac road where there's newly developed village. Alan was nowhere to be seen except I bump into few riders where we used to ride in Putrajaya. When I approaching the main road, the marshal told me there's another 10KM to go and be prepare for uphill and a little more technical trail ahead. I reached the second check point where the marshal are giving out banana and mineral water to refuel. Riding in hot weather require lots of hydration and slow release carbohydrate.

Waste no time, I continue the ride myself, knowing Alan still behind and I have no idea where's Hartz, CK and Dr. The ride after second check point leads to palm oil plantation and some open space.

The challenge starts when I start to climb on the palm oil estate. I thought there's only one ascent, but I was wrong. The ride was like roller coaster. When I reached the top and happily cruising downhill, another hill in front of me make me feels like "Oh no! Not another one!". I manage to climb the first two and the last two I just push it up while grasping for air. Before I reach the last hill, I nearly fell into the trench, when I was passing through a trench where my front wheel are grinding at the edge of the wooden plank. Yet I still tell myself to look ahead instead of looking at the wooden plan. It was quite scary but I manage to get through it.

I was exhausted when I reach the last check point. The marshal cheer us up and keep on pushing us to go for the finishing line for the last 3KM. I bump into CK and Dr and found out that Dr lost control and crash during the third downhill. He dislocated his arm a little, but nothing serious still ridable.

I pass CK and Dr, pushing all my way to the last hill where everyone is exhausted and grasping for air. Once I reach on top of  the hill, it feels like the grand finale. I confidently cruise downhill even though the trail are quite rocky and try. Trusting my nevegal rubber, I just let my workhorse do the job while I just keep it steady.

After another 3KM, I reached the finishing line and my ranking was 289 out of 600 participant. Ride my way back to the starting line where all of us were awarded finisher medal.

Alan, CK and Dr arrived 15 minutes later after me. Hartz found me and he ranked at 288.

The ride finish around 11.30am, but lot's of riders waiting for lucky draw session and ranking where it dragged till 2.30pm.

Getting ready! Flag off in 5 mins!


Overall ride was good except for lack of water station and feed station. The trail are not clearly marked towards the end. Over 90% of the trail are ridable and XC based. Not much of technicalities and good for beginner.

True workhorse!


Create Maps or search from 80 million at MapMyRide

No comments:

Post a Comment