Friday, January 25, 2008

The end of my CompactDrive PD70x Portable Storage Device

Being an idiot again. Forgetful me leave 4 pieces of AA sized Duracell alkaline battery inside my Compact Drive PD70X Portable Storage Device for more than 6 month! Until today, it just come across my mind try to open up the battery bay and check if there is any battery there.

My intuition is true, when I saw the battery inside the battery bay with some slimy and blueish alkaline chemical dripping out. Arggh...immediately I knew that it was the end of day for my PD70x.

Not satisfied, I crack open up my PD70. I found that the alkaline chemical already gone into the Printed Circuit Board (PCB) mainboard of PD70X. The resin on the board started to popped out and peeled off. I can't even clean the board because the alkaline chemical is everywhere. You can see blueish chemical on the board. I can't imagine how can I so forget to remove the battery from the device.

All I can say is SHIT....








Lesson learned:
NEVER EVER LEAVE ANY KIND OF BATTERY INSIDE YOUR ELECTRONIC DEVICES FOR LONG PERIOD OF TIME
Result:
MANAGE TO SALVAGE MY HARD DISK, PRICELESS!

p/s: Time to scout for Epson P3000, there goes my hard earned cash!

No comments:

Post a Comment