Thursday, January 31, 2008

Coming soon - Chinese New Year


Chinese New Year is around the corner. Less than a week... When I was a little young boy, Chinese New Year celebration is one of the happiest moment I love. It was like my childhood dream for Chinese New Year. I love it not only because I can get fat and big ang pow, but also get to have fun with my cousin fired up the firecrackers...These was my childhood memory...

Today, it is just barely one week before the Chinese New Year. There is no more the 'feel' of Chinese New Year like how it suppose to be in the old days. The decoration in shopping mall were only so so.. Fireworks is strictly banned, thanks to the government. What more left to celebrate?...

I did a big mistake yesterday to get my hair cut. It was bad, very very very bad. Awww... it's freaking fugly. I ain't going back to the salon again. The worst thing is I pay 20 bucks for this bad hair cut. I can get a decent haircut at any express cut salon in the shopping centre and the charges are much more cheaper. Damn it! But, let's see the other side of it, hopefully my bad hair cut will turn good luck and prosperous new year for me.

My secondary school grand reunion dinner going to be held at a famous hotel ballroom on 3rd day of Chinese New Year. There' s a lot need to be prepare. I have tons of slideshow yet to be completed for the reunion dinner. On top of that, I still have a few hundred of RAW photo to be process..

Another part is to arrange a meet up with bunch of old friend and junkies. I can say almost every Chinese New Year holiday, I won't be sitting at home. I will be out in the early morning and come back late at night. Everyday without fail...

Looks like my CNY holiday are busier than my working life....sigh

List of things need to get it done before I balik kampung...
1. Spring cleaning my room(I am expected to clean up 5% of my room)
2. Prepare and pack my gear and stuff to bring back(laptops, cameras, clothes, gadgets.. etc...)
3. Top up my Touch N Go card - I don't wanna stuck in the fucking jam.
4. Shop for my CNY clothes and get some CNY stuff back home.

List of things need to do when I get back home. ( I am lazy to list it out, there's at least more than 100 list of thing need to do).

Last .. wish you all have a wonderful holiday beside Chinese. As for Chinese and who are celebrathing Chinese New Year, Gong Xi Fat Cai and ang pow mali!
;-)

1 comment:

  1. this year our most beloved government banned all the chinese from throwing "kam" (mandarin oranges) into the lake or sea, saying it causes pollution wor.

    malaysia boleh!!

    ReplyDelete