Monday, September 18, 2006

Day 1 - Welcome to Dubai

Welcome to Dubai. It is 0255H early in the morning now, the time back in Malaysia should be about 0650H. Suffered from jet lag and 4 hours different in time zone makes me sick.

My flight arrived at Dubai International Airport (DXB) at 1855H yesterday. The entire journey took about 6 hour 45 minutes. The new Dubai International Airport Terminal 1 gives me a good impression and I can say it is up to the par with KLIA or even better.

My arrival in the airport was greeted by the company agent in Dubai – Mr. Navin. When I walk out from the passenger meeting area to the car park, whoalaah! I saw a Porsche Cayenne just parked at the road side. Tons and loads of BMW 7 and 5 series, Chevvy (Not a normal 1.5 or 1.8cc that we usually see in Malaysia, it is a 3 liter and above car, MPV and 4WD), Peugeot, Mustang etc. By the way, Dubai traffic is left hand drive (Same as in United States). Talking about the road in Dubai, it is an eye opener for me - a NORMAL road in Dubai, 3 lanes for each direction in the city area.

The place I am staying is called Embassy Suites Apartment, the apartment was not really new but it is extremely BIG. It is located in Deirah, Dubai, UAE.

Mr Navin bought me to a restaurant for dinner; it is a buffet dinner with mostly Indian, China, Arab and Thai cuisine. First time in my life I try out camel meat. It is a little hard compared to chicken but not as hard as the lamb or beef and the taste is freaking delicious. The tender and juiciness of the camel meat cooked in Arabic style is superb.

It takes me an hour to blog this, unfortunately there is no internet connection available in the apartment to post this.

All right, jet lag is bad. Now I am extremely awake and got nothing to do beside watching CNN and playing with my new phone.

That’s all…




Target destination



Altitude...ground speed...temperature...distance...E.T.A.




Destination Dubai...




Welcome to Dubai...ready to land...



My apartment in Deira, Dubai, U.A.E.



Deira a.k.a old Dubai, the oldest clock tower roundabout in Dubai seen from my apartment.



Sunrise...



High class apartment suit...




Old Clock Tower Roundabout...

No comments:

Post a Comment