Sunday, September 24, 2006

Ramadan Month in Dubai

Today is the starting month of Ramadan in Dubai. It is the my first time to see how the other country's Muslims life during the Ramadan month.

I was told by my agent today is the start of Ramadan. All the restaurant include McDonalds, KFC, Shakeys, Chillis etc will be closed daily from 6am till 5pm. NO FOOD will be serve! Yup NO FOOD will be serve till 5pm DAILY! I finding hard time to look around for food, luckily some indian restaurant have delivery service to send the packed food to your location.

I have been warned by my agent DO NOT EAT IN THE PUBLIC. According to the local there, it is AN OFFENCE to eat in the public during the month of Ramadan include DRINKING WATER! They didn't tell me about the PENALTY for EATING IN THE PUBLIC during Ramadan. It is better to play by the rules and play it safe!

During the month of Ramadan, all the office hour changes to 8am to 3pm (Normal office hour for Dubai's government sector was 8am - 3pm from Sun - Wed, 8am - 1pm on Thurs. Public sector was 8am - 6pm from Sun - Wed and 8am - 1pm on Thurs) daily except Thursday which is 8am - 1pm. Imagine the how they work yet earn big bucks.

For those who plan to visit Dubai, think twice before you plan your holiday. You don't want your trip to Dubai to fall on Ramadan month. I have no choice, but to 'tapau' some food from Carrefour.

Work is getting tough, meeting deadline is a must and yet the Ramadan month, working time cut short. Therefore everything must in the plan. Problems are everywhere; to ensure the plan goes smoothly - the only thing I can do is PRAY! (First of all I am not Muslim, and I worship different god. The difference between Muslim and me - Muslim pray 5 times a day where as I pray ONCE I got into trouble!). See what kinda person am I? lol. God gonna be angry at me if IT knows I am such an idiot!

Tomorrow is Sunday and it is my 7th day in Dubai. I don't really know how long I going to be here, but for sure I need to solve the problem before I going back home.

It is a lucky day for me to get such a good WIFI signal in my apartment I occupied now.

That's all folks!

Ciao! 再见!=)

No comments:

Post a Comment