Thursday, September 14, 2006

Wee hour....again?

It's 0027H, 14th September 2006. Surprisingly I still awake. I just came back from 'yum cha' session with my ex-colleague. The table topic today is to exchange idea, experience and information on each other work, life and future. As usual, we have been gossiping about anything during yumcha session just to release our daily work tension.
Our main subject is our boss. As usual, we talked about every single inch of him from head to toe. I got to know one of my colleague have been a negative mood. I believe things happened for a reason. There is no doubt my colleague mood is affected by the working environment or some other factor. The probability of mood affected by working environment is higher from my point of view and based on the discussion and gossiping during yumcha session. I won't elaborate more on this cause I should respect my colleague's privacy and it is not a right way to discuss about people's problem here.

One of my colleague did mention about 'HOPE' and the word 'HOPE' suddenly came into my mind. There is one Chinese proverb (direct translation from Chinese but the meaning still the same) saying: "The higher is the hope, the higher the dissapointment".
I believe we are mature and rationally enough to judge certain issue or 'things'. The saying got their meaning but NOT always correct and can be used in any situation.

I neither totally agree or disagree with my colleague opinion cause I respect and agree in certain point of her opinion and I have my opinion to added on top of hers. In my humble opinion, all the while we have been working. But most of us doesn't know our objective of life (this include me as well!) and what do we hope for when we do this or do something. There might be a lot of reason behind it but every single individual have different needs and hope.

From my point of view, we SHOULD have HOPE when doing something. Even it is not a big HOPE, but atleast we expect to see some result when we do something. As an example, when a hen lays an egg, we do hope that the egg will hatch into small chicks. From small chicks, grow into a hen or rooster. This is what normally people hope for. BUT... what if the egg doesn't hatch into chicks? What are we going to do about it? Are we going to left it there till it become a ROTTEN egg? Or, we can sell the egg to earn some income to support the family? The 'fate' of the egg is all in our hand:
  1. IF the egg hatched into chicks, then there will be another hen or rooster to lays more egg. We can sell off the hen or rooster to earn bigger income together with the egg.
  2. IF the egg doesn't hatch. We can either leave it to become rotten egg or make full use of the unhatched egg - sell it to earn some income or cook it so it feed us.
The OPTION is always on our hand.

We should put a HOPE on everything, not too much till it hurt our feeling or demotivate us. HOPE is NOT everything, it is a small portion of our life that keep pushing us go ahead. Without HOPE, there is NO LIFE. A little HOPE will bring a person to the next level. So get your brain moving, think twice before you try to give up on HOPE.

All right it is 0100H now. That's all for today. I will try to share more in the future. Any critics and comment are welcomed.

=)

No comments:

Post a Comment